Wednesday 2 January 2008

The Airflo Ridge GT lines (Review)

Airflo Ridge GT line was developed and field tested on Cosmoledo that should give us an idea of the kind of punishment these lines were intended for !

I used the 12 # GT line on my recent trip to the Seychelles . The line flies out . I was chucking giant 6/0 Poppers . The line had great turnover( or as much as you could hope for with Giant popper) It was stiff enough for the tropics but not too stiff. It has a 60 Lb core so I had confidence to give it everything when combined with 66 lb backing and 100 lb leader. I did however replace the weilded loops with 50 lb Gudebrod braided loops double nail knotted and glued. The weilded loops may be ok I just needed to be 100 % confident. The other nice thing about the Airflo ridge GT line is the price. At £ 35 you can afford to take a couple of spares with you. Something to consider when tussling GTs on the Flats. I had a Barracuda bite one of my fly lines in half on my last trip. Crazy things happen out in these places!!



I used the old Airflo Blue Saltwater floater a few years back , that was pretty poor. I binned it. Im glad to see Airflo developing products for extreem fishing aswell as the mainstream.

No comments: